Hot-Enough Yin Pop-Up Class
Join Colette Marie for Hot-Enough Yin, Sunday, January 19th from 1:30pm-3:00pm.
What's it all about?
In this 90 minute Pop-Up class, we will explore and experience a variety of internal and external hip rotational postures in a heated room up to 90 degrees.
What is Yin Yoga?
Yin Yoga is a slow-paced style of yoga as exercise, incorporating principles of Myofascial Release Therapy with asanas that are held for longer periods of time. For beginners, asanas may be held from 45 seconds to two minutes; more advanced practitioners may stay in one asana for five minutes or more. Blocks, Straps, and Tennis Balls will be used.
What Does Yin Yoga Do?
Yin yoga stretches and targets both the deep connective tissues between the muscles, and the fascia throughout the body. The aim is to increase circulation in the joints and improve flexibility as the poses stretch and exercise the bone and joint areas. It also helps us to regulate the body's flow of energy.
Key Yin Yoga benefits:
• Targets connective tissues including fascia, bones, and joints
• Increases circulation and range of motion in hip joints
• Breaks up lactic acid build up in joints and muscle tissue
• Balances our yang or fast-paced physical yoga practice
• Improves flexibility of hip-flexors and other corresponding muscles
• Relieves general aches and pains, tension and stress
If you are a registered 200 Hour Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance, this workshop is offered as Continuing Education Units. Please inform the instructor that you are a RYT, so that she may be able to upload your information into the YA system for credit.